Just for Teens
We are teens. People expect us to act like adults, but yet treat us like children. We just can't win, can we?
Well now...? We can! Here at Just 4 Teens, we not only provide you with a safe space to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions. We give you tons of great friends, fun games, activities, contests, and more! We are always adding new things to our site, so don't be afraid to make a suggestion! We've got everything here, so what are you waiting for? Join, make your friends join, make your family join, and make the weird kid that sits in the corner of the class join.

Giving you a very sincere welcome~
~Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Just for Teens
We are teens. People expect us to act like adults, but yet treat us like children. We just can't win, can we?
Well now...? We can! Here at Just 4 Teens, we not only provide you with a safe space to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions. We give you tons of great friends, fun games, activities, contests, and more! We are always adding new things to our site, so don't be afraid to make a suggestion! We've got everything here, so what are you waiting for? Join, make your friends join, make your family join, and make the weird kid that sits in the corner of the class join.

Giving you a very sincere welcome~
~Admin
Just for Teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Latest topics
» ATTENTION!!! JUZT 4 TEENZ NAME CHANGE.
ew                           . EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 pm by terryallen

» new members
ew                           . EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 pm by jess

» ALL WILL SEE
ew                           . EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» ATTENTION! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE POST HERE!
ew                           . EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 am by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» This.............................
ew                           . EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» How to prove I'm responsible and mature?
ew                           . EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 am by ShadowStar

» Favorite Music?
ew                           . EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 am by ShadowStar

» vamos a hablar espanol!
ew                           . EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am by ShadowStar

» Wizard Swears...
ew                           . EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Advertisements

ew .

Go down

ew                           . Empty ew .

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 am

IGNORE THIS PLEASE GO AWAY ABORT MISSION
ABORT IT LIKE CASEY ANTHONY WILL DO TO HER NEW BABY

Last edited by Taylor:3 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ew                           . Empty Re: ew .

Post by jess Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:41 am

Taylor, I know you don't want sympathy, but I'm not posting to give you that. I'm not gonna give you pity, I'm just gonna give you facts...maybe some advice. Read this, or don't read this. I just need to tell you some things...

Okay, let's break this down...

Taylor:3 wrote:i'm so legitimately useless, it's not even funny. i can't even name one thing that i'm good at other than being useless.

I can name some. Role-playing, being funny, you have good taste, and this site wouldn't be the same without you. :I

Taylor:3 wrote:i can't do anything without hurting someone. i tried to tickle my cousin a few weeks ago, and she started crying because i scratched her. my brother and i were sitting on the couch and i reached over to put my arm around him jokingly and my finger cracked against his jaw, and his mouth started bleeding. during gym at school i would basically always bump into someone, knock someone down, trip over someone, step on someone, or just hurt someone in general.

That's just being clumsy. Some people are just naturally clumsy, and almost everyone goes through clumsy phases. I do. Seriously, today I scratched and bruised my leg so many times I can't even count.

Taylor:3 wrote:i do so much crap for my family it's ridiculous. i type my brother's reports, i have to color his projects, i have to write his reports sometimes, and i have to fix the computer on a daily basis. but when i ask for them to help me, which rarely happens, i'm apparently "too smart for help! do it yourself!" my brother is 4 years older than me. he's in highschool. i'm not.

Then stop. Just don't do anything for them. If they won't return the favor, so be it, but you shouldn't waste your time slaving away for them. Rebel. If your mom yells at you for that, just scream everything bad everyone's done to you. If she yells back, scream louder. You need to get it in her freaking head that she's doing a horrendous job being a good mom and that you're not going to put up with it anymore. As humans, we can only take so much, and then we snap.

Taylor:3 wrote:my dad likes my brothers better than me, but he pretends he doesn't. i call him, sobbing because my mom hit me, or yelled at me/called me names, ad ask him to come pick me up. what does he say? 'oh well'. my brother calls him up and asks him to pick him up just because, and what does he say? 'i'll be right over'. my dad lives an hour away.

Talk to him about that. Ask him why. Even ask him why he hates you, if you dare. (Not saying he does, because I promise you, parents can't hate their kids. But if he knows you feel that way, he better shape up or I will personally fly out there and kick his butt my style.)

Taylor:3 wrote:school is like a jail for me. partner projects are the absolute worst. it's not rare for my eyes to start stinging because nobody wants to work with me, so i end up working by myself. my teachers don't remember my name. i tell my mom about it and she says, "stop being shy. people think that youre snobby because youre so quiet."

I totally get that. It always happened to me, all the time. If the teacher lets you pick a partner, you're always the last one picked, right? In my martial arts class, that's how it always was for me. When I did get a partner, I could just see it on their face that they wished more than anything they weren't paired with me.
Also? Your mom is right about people thinking you're snobby because you're shy. Most people are so judgmental it's not even funny. Everyone always avoided me because they thought I was stuck up, just because I was the farthest thing from a social butterfly, had little to none social experience, and I just did not know how to make friends.

Taylor:3 wrote:lunch is literally the worst time of the day. i sit alone every-freaking-day. a few of the other 'outcasts' will just sit by me so we don't look like total rejects. but we are. i try to make a conversation with them, but they ignore me.

I heard my own voice in that paragraph. In a different way though...like
Breaks in martial arts are the worst time of the day. I sit alone the whole time.

Taylor:3 wrote:i'm so tired of being alone. i want, just for once, to not come home, lock myself in my room, and start crying. i want to be able to talk to someone after school. i want someone that i can look to when the teacher says we have to work with partners.

Then stop being alone. Get someone to talk to. Make a friend. Even if you just have one friend, one best friend is better than a hundred friends you barely know.

Taylor:3 wrote:i guess i have to blame myself for having no friends, though. i can't carry a conversation to save my life.

I couldn't, and still barely can. Just ask people about stuff going on in your school. Ask them how their weekends were...if they did anything for the summer/are planning anything for the summer. Come up with simple questions like that, and eventually your social experience will transform.

Taylor:3 wrote:i'm actually the only one in my grade who's never had a 'boyfriend'. it's ridiculous, because i'm still young, but apparently if you haven't gone out with someone, you're a loser.

Didn't you have a boyfriend for like a week? Then your 'best friend' came along and stole him?
And having a boyfriend at this age is completely ridiculous. You should be proud you don't have one. I mean, my gosh, before we know it, people will get married before they get their driver's license, and toddlers will date.

Taylor:3 wrote:every day, i kid you not, i get called some kind of name by my mom. useless, lazy, a witch, 'not a girl', friendless, loser, and a ton more that i can't even say here due to our 'no cursing' rule.

Call her some back, see if she cares. Give her a taste of her own medicine. You shouldn't call your own mother names, but she shouldn't call you names either, right?

Taylor:3 wrote:even online, i'm a total outcast. i try to act different, try to be social online. i try to act like someone that im not because i think that maybe, if i do, i might get friends online. do i? no. people absolutely hate me here too.

Excuse me? People on BI love you, people on here love you. I'm not kidding, this site would not be the same without you. I don't hate you.

To get over being shy, here's what I did.
I was feeling exactly like you...just lonely, completely trapped, no friends, no one who cared. We all fall into pitfalls through life, what matters is if we choose to find a way out.
What I did is one day I just started praying. I know you would never do that, cuz...you know. But I did, and you know what?
A few weeks later, at my martial arts class (one of the only places I can make friends) Somebody joined class, and we hit it off immediately. She left for awhile, however, so I prayed again...for a confidence boost, more chances for social interaction. Over the following month, I was talking a lot more in class, and people started actually talking back. Finally, a new girl joined class. We became really close friends. A few weeks later? My old friend came back again and so I had started a friend circle.
Skip forward a few months and you'll find me, yelling and dancing and laughing my guts out with my friends in class.

I'm not saying that you should switch religions just so you can pray just so you can stop being shy.

But seriously, a lot of it has to do with simply the mind set. One of the things I did was I set myself above my classmates, because I felt...I dunno...inferior to them, I guess? Like they were better than me. So, for the longest time, I placed myself above them, focused on strictly class and not on making friends, and them BAM. It finally happened, and I wasn't shy anymore. I don't mean placing yourself above your classmates, in a snotty way. But like in a confidence booster way. Like you're just as good as them, and better.

I can still barely hold a conversation, and slip up talking all the time. But now, I'm at a new level. Like, the other day, i was one of the people trying to get the loner kids into the conversation. Those loner kids used to be me.

I promise you, just don't give up. You'll get there.
jess
jess
Admin
Admin

http://jess2lucky.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum