Just for Teens
We are teens. People expect us to act like adults, but yet treat us like children. We just can't win, can we?
Well now...? We can! Here at Just 4 Teens, we not only provide you with a safe space to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions. We give you tons of great friends, fun games, activities, contests, and more! We are always adding new things to our site, so don't be afraid to make a suggestion! We've got everything here, so what are you waiting for? Join, make your friends join, make your family join, and make the weird kid that sits in the corner of the class join.

Giving you a very sincere welcome~
~Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Just for Teens
We are teens. People expect us to act like adults, but yet treat us like children. We just can't win, can we?
Well now...? We can! Here at Just 4 Teens, we not only provide you with a safe space to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions. We give you tons of great friends, fun games, activities, contests, and more! We are always adding new things to our site, so don't be afraid to make a suggestion! We've got everything here, so what are you waiting for? Join, make your friends join, make your family join, and make the weird kid that sits in the corner of the class join.

Giving you a very sincere welcome~
~Admin
Just for Teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Latest topics
» ATTENTION!!! JUZT 4 TEENZ NAME CHANGE.
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 pm by terryallen

» new members
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 pm by jess

» ALL WILL SEE
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» ATTENTION! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE POST HERE!
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 am by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» This.............................
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» How to prove I'm responsible and mature?
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 am by ShadowStar

» Favorite Music?
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 am by ShadowStar

» vamos a hablar espanol!
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am by ShadowStar

» Wizard Swears...
How to prove I'm responsible and mature? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Advertisements

How to prove I'm responsible and mature?

3 posters

Go down

How to prove I'm responsible and mature? Empty How to prove I'm responsible and mature?

Post by jess Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:33 pm

So, some of you may know that this is my first year in 'real' public school, after being homeschooled for my whole life. I'm doing really good. By that I mean, at least I'm not crying on the bathroom floor because I'm getting bullied, like I thought would happen.

Anyway, so I need the computer a lot to do my homework. Unfortunately, so do my brothers. So every time I go to do my homework, I'm greeted by someone already sitting there who is DEFINETLY not willing to give it up.
So I decided it was time for me to get a laptop. I dedicated almost all of my free time to searching online for a nice, but used, working, but cheap, laptop. I found some great ones for me...basically perfect. Some even came with a webcam!

When I found the one i wanted to buy, I asked my parents to check it out. Know what they said to all my hard work? My soon to be complete waste of extra time? My plans and chart I had constructed just to see how this would affect my budget? They said, "Well...we definetly need another computer. I'm just not sure the time is right for...you to get a laptop.

All that went through my mind was, "A-...are you serious?!" I mean, when's the time gonna be right? When I'm eighteen and can move out?? As sad as that sounds, probably. I mean, they obviously don't trust me at all. Why? I have absolutely no idea.

I tried googling ways to prove you're responsible/mature/trustworthy to your parents. All that came up were things that I already do. Do any extra credit at school, do chores, try not to fight with siblings, give 100% effort on my homework, get good grades, don't get into the bad group at school. I'm not pregnant, I'm not on drugs, and I've never tried alcohol in my entire life. What more does one have to do in order to gain trust??

If tu guys have any advice, please share. I'm desperate. .-. Oh yeah, and talking to them about it won't do a thing, so don't even bother.
jess
jess
Admin
Admin

http://jess2lucky.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

How to prove I'm responsible and mature? Empty Re: How to prove I'm responsible and mature?

Post by Nothing ಠ_ಠ Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Try being good for a while. So that when they see it's a habit not just being a kissup they may consider it.
Nothing ಠ_ಠ
Nothing ಠ_ಠ
Challenge Considered
Challenge Considered

Back to top Go down

How to prove I'm responsible and mature? Empty Re: How to prove I'm responsible and mature?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:38 pm

well, you claim you already do all the things i'd suggest doing (help make dinner and set the table, help siblings with homework, be a genuinely nice child)... so really, you can't do anything.

sometimes you just have to accept the fact that they're your parents and they make the overall rules.

if you keep bugging them about it, they'll be likely to just start screaming and won't even consider it. if you just keep doing what you're doing and occasionally bring it up (near holidays like christmas, your birthday, etc), then they might consider it.

don't complain if they say no, either. that just shows them you're immature if you keep saying "whyyy notttt????" "but moooooom" "daaaaaad".

i'm hoping for a new laptop for christmas, too, so i'm basically just trying not to complain and do what i'm told. i bring it up about once a week.. i'm hoping my mom may surprise me and get me one for christmas, maybe your parents will do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowStar Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 am

The term mature is a fun word those who are older love to impose on the young to a show a sense of false psychological domination that really means nothing. To show you're mature, you'd literally have to suck up to those who are older and in my book, that just isn't right and it doesn't work. Responsibility is a valid thing, but maturity? It's just a term to make older people feel better than the younger generation, because they know they will be smarter than the older generation and they know they will carry the human race into the future, and the mere thought of someone of younger age being better than them outrages them, so they create this social wreck of a term, maturity, to feel better about themselves before the younger generation reaches that point of surpassing the old.
ShadowStar
ShadowStar
Challenge Accepted
Challenge Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum