Just for Teens
We are teens. People expect us to act like adults, but yet treat us like children. We just can't win, can we?
Well now...? We can! Here at Just 4 Teens, we not only provide you with a safe space to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions. We give you tons of great friends, fun games, activities, contests, and more! We are always adding new things to our site, so don't be afraid to make a suggestion! We've got everything here, so what are you waiting for? Join, make your friends join, make your family join, and make the weird kid that sits in the corner of the class join.

Giving you a very sincere welcome~
~Admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Just for Teens
We are teens. People expect us to act like adults, but yet treat us like children. We just can't win, can we?
Well now...? We can! Here at Just 4 Teens, we not only provide you with a safe space to share your thoughts, opinions, and emotions. We give you tons of great friends, fun games, activities, contests, and more! We are always adding new things to our site, so don't be afraid to make a suggestion! We've got everything here, so what are you waiting for? Join, make your friends join, make your family join, and make the weird kid that sits in the corner of the class join.

Giving you a very sincere welcome~
~Admin
Just for Teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

Latest topics
» ATTENTION!!! JUZT 4 TEENZ NAME CHANGE.
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 pm by terryallen

» new members
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 pm by jess

» ALL WILL SEE
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» ATTENTION! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEASE POST HERE!
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 am by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» This.............................
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

» How to prove I'm responsible and mature?
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 am by ShadowStar

» Favorite Music?
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 am by ShadowStar

» vamos a hablar espanol!
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am by ShadowStar

» Wizard Swears...
That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 pm by Nothing ಠ_ಠ

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Advertisements

That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D

3 posters

Go down

That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D Empty That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D

Post by jess Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello Girls,

So my friend and I were talking yesterday, and she mentioned that she recently got her...erm...thingy. xD She's having a really hard time dealing with it and blecch, so I was wondering...what if other people are handling it even WORSE than she is? So I just thought that I should post this...so that members AND even guests can read it and know what to do. So here goes nothing lol...

Before the Terrible Day Happens

When you get to be around 'that age' it's probably a good idea to carry around some 'things' that you need during that time of the month. I suggest that you always carrying at least one pad and one tampon in your purse or backpack. But you can always pack other things, such as pain relievers and an extra pair of underwear.

When it Happens

I can tell you from experience, it is just about the worst feeling in the world when you look at your underwear and see big red splotches everywhere. Still, no matter how much you hate it, you gotta deal with it. Depending on who you are, you can do certain things to make you feel more comfortable and less scared. If you start at home, like I did, then the simplest thing to do is to go to your mom, tell her, and ask her whatever questions you might have. It seems like it'll be awkward and totally uncomfortable, but she's your mother for Pete's sake. Trust me, it is worth it to tell her.
If you start at school, then hopefully you have an extra pad in your backpack. If you don't have one, it's very easy to make a 'pad'. More on that later in this post. After you're done with your bathroom issues, go to a preferably female teacher and ask her any questions you might have. Or, if you don't want to talk to her, you can always talk to your friends. Or hey! Just call your mom in the bathroom, the teachers will understand.

GAH! It's Back

Just like it came once, those red splotches will come again, and again, and AGAIN every month for the rest of your life. So, it's probably a good idea to get to know your period so that you are prepared for when it will strike next.
Usually, there are warning signs that it's coming again, such as terrible stomach cramps. But when there's not any signs? Just carry a pad, an extra pair of undies, and an extra pair of pants with you are all times. It might be a good idea to keep track of Mother Nature's route through your body on a calendar. That way you'll have an idea of just how long it will last, or usually lasts, and then you'll be able to plan ahead. But for a couple years though, you might want to wear a pad a few days before your period usually starts, and then a couple days after it ends. Because, since your still growing and whatever, it will most likely be irregular for a few years before your body adapts.
Another thing you might try to keep track, is get a period tracking app on your phone. I have one, and it's super helpful. My app has a whole thing where you can leave a note on the calendar, choose your moods and how you've been feeling lately, and tons of other stuff. You can almost always find a free app, so just go ahead and search it! You won't regret it. :]

Period Pack

Euw. You don't how disgusting it is for me to type all this 'period talk junk.' xD But anyway, something that will probably help you handle all this is to make a period pack. Just take an old makeup bag, or even just a pocket in your purse/backpack, and then start filling it up with these items! You can even add things that help you when you're sad/mad/moody and such, like a teddy bear or a lucky rock or something. :]

-Pads
-Tampons *throws up*
-extra underwear
-extra pair of pants
-pain reliever (for the cramps)
-panty-liners (just like thinner pads)
-anything else you can think of that will make you feel better. <3
{OPTIONAL}
-Tape (see below xD)

How to make your own pads

So one day that time of the month starts and you go to the bathroom to get a pad, yes? Well what happens when *gasp* YOU'RE. ALL. OUT. OF. THEM?!? That's when it's time to break out the secret recipe, that I like to call, How to Make Your Own Pads! xD

-What you'll need-
-Toilet Paper
-Tape
-Knowing that these 'pads' will have to be changed very frequently.

Step One : Pull out a fair amount of toilet paper, and fold it in half over and over again until it just fits inside your underwear.

Step Two : Unfold it once and take a fairly long strip of tape out.

Step Three : Lay out the toilet paper on your underwear, and place the tape right at the half mark from the undone fold. Make sure to tape it good, so it doesn't come apart.

Step Four : Fold the toilet paper back over the tape, pull up those britches, and you're good to go! xD

P.S. Remember to change these every one and a half hours to two hours. And remember to get some real pads ASAP.

Hope this helped who ever needs this help...xD
Sincerely~
~Admin / Jess
jess
jess
Admin
Admin

http://jess2lucky.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D Empty Re: That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D

Post by Like.A.Boss Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 pm

It's strange,,my sister got hers when she was 11. Why haven't I get mine yet wen I'm 14. does it matter that I'm a boy?
Like.A.Boss
Like.A.Boss
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D Empty Re: That Time of the Month? Here's some tips. ;D

Post by Libbie :3 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:37 am

Thats rlly helpful jess x3 godihateperiodssomuchbleghh and there awful .-. ive had mine for like over a year and i have to take special tablets from the doctor cause they're THAT BAD Dx and it hurts so much Dx and i've like never missed one. ever. and btw that make your own pad thing is really reallly helpful xD. fact thing..im not aloud to try tampons cause my mum says 'not untill your sexually active' *vomit*. AND i've not got mine this month which is strange because its strangeley late O.e (and no im not pregnant before anyone asks *cough*johnnywhostotallynotgotanycommonsenseandshouldntevenbehereanywaysincehesaboy*cough*)
anyway, chocolate and junk food helps a ton aswell, and also like a warm up wheatgermbag thing to put on where it hurts ^.^ yay..womanhood

P.S. I actually lol'd at that johnny.

Libbie :3
Libbie :3
Challenge Accepted
Challenge Accepted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Like.A.Boss wrote:It's strange,,my sister got hers when she was 11. Why haven't I get mine yet wen I'm 14. does it matter that I'm a boy?

Really? .__. How original.

[Onadifferenttopicokay]

That is really helpful xDD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Libbie :3 wrote:Thats rlly helpful jess x3 godihateperiodssomuchbleghh and there awful .-. ive had mine for like over a year and i have to take special tablets from the doctor cause they're THAT BAD Dx and it hurts so much Dx and i've like never missed one. ever. and btw that make your own pad thing is really reallly helpful xD. fact thing..im not aloud to try tampons cause my mum says 'not untill your sexually active' *vomit*. AND i've not got mine this month which is strange because its strangeley late O.e (and no im not pregnant before anyone asks *cough*johnnywhostotallynotgotanycommonsenseandshouldntevenbehereanywaysincehesaboy*cough*)
anyway, chocolate and junk food helps a ton aswell, and also like a warm up wheatgermbag thing to put on where it hurts ^.^ yay..womanhood

iagreewithyourmomyoureonly11mostpeopldontevenusetamponsuntiltheyrelike14or15.

johnnyoyureapervforclickingonthis.

thanksforpostingthis,jess.thisisreallyhelpful.

Back to top Go down

Post by jess Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Like.A.Boss wrote:It's strange,,my sister got hers when she was 11. Why haven't I get mine yet wen I'm 14. does it matter that I'm a boy?

How mature Johnny, really, HOW MATURE OF YOU. T__T xD

Libbie :3 wrote:Thats rlly helpful jess x3 godihateperiodssomuchbleghh and there awful .-. ive had mine for like over a year and i have to take special tablets from the doctor cause they're THAT BAD Dx and it hurts so much Dx and i've like never missed one. ever. and btw that make your own pad thing is really reallly helpful xD. fact thing..im not aloud to try tampons cause my mum says 'not untill your sexually active' *vomit*. AND i've not got mine this month which is strange because its strangeley late O.e (and no im not pregnant before anyone asks *cough*johnnywhostotallynotgotanycommonsenseandshouldntevenbehereanywaysincehesaboy*cough*)

Thanks Libbie! Yeah, when I first had to use a tampon, my mom got all emotional and like...blah. xD But I can understand...I guess...but I don't think using one counts as losing your...erm...virginity. xD

Frozen wrote:Really? .__. How original.

[Onadifferenttopicokay]

That is really helpful xDD

Thanks. And ikr, like Johnny, like, you are like, SO good at 'making up' your OWN jokes. xD

Taylor:3 wrote:iagreewithyourmomyoureonly11mostpeopldontevenusetamponsuntiltheyrelike14or15.

johnnyoyureapervforclickingonthis.

thanksforpostingthis,jess.thisisreallyhelpful.

gladitcameinhandygladyoulikeditsomuch
ihopeithelpedwhoeverneededthathelp
okaythisisawkwardtypinglikethisbyexD
jess
jess
Admin
Admin

http://jess2lucky.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down